Withdraw remarks on RSS link to Gandhi killing: Rajnath tells Rahul
Indore: BJP president Rajnath Singh on Monday asked Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi to take back his "baseless" allegation of involvement of RSS in the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
"Rahul had levelled the allegation against the world`s largest socio-cultural organisation saying RSS men were behind the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi. The fact is that the Kapoor Commission, which probed Gandhi`s assassination, had stated in its report that the allegations against RSS on the issue were totally baseless," Rajnath said while addressing party workers at parliamentary area meet on Dussehra ground here.
Taking a dig, he asked Congressmen to study history to know the correct facts.
"After the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi, the then government had imposed a ban on RSS but within six months Congress admitted that RSS had no role in the Mahatma`s killing and all allegations levelled against RSS on the issue are baseless," he said.
"I urge Congress leaders to request their Vice-President to take back the baseless allegations levelled by him against the RSS on the issue," Rajnath said.
Addressing a rally in Thane district of Maharashtra on March 6, Rahul had said "RSS people killed Gandhiji and today their people (BJP) talk of him... They opposed Sardar Patel and Gandhiji".
BJP has already moved the Election Commission against Rahul over his remarks. Meanwhile, Rajnath also asked the Centre to make public the report of the Commission that probed the assassination of then Prime Minister Indira Gandhi in 1984.
"I wanted to know under what conditions this report was not made public. I demand from the Prime Minister and the Congress leadership to make this report public so that people will come to know the circumstances behind the assassination of Indira Gandhi," Rajnath said.
Rajnath charged Congress has lost dignity and also control over words.
"Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s remark of zeher ki kheti (sowing seeds of poison) is symptomatic of state of depression in Congress and because of this Sonia sometimes terms BJP poisonous and sometimes a thief".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city