Woman accuses live-in partner of rape
Indore: A offence of rape has been registered against a person for not honouring the promise of marriage he made to a woman, with whom he had a live-in relationship for about seven years, police said on Tuesday.
Based on a complaint filed by the 32-year-old woman, a teacher by profession, a case was registered yesterday against Bhalerian Ekka, Sanyogitaganj police said.
The duo had a live-in relationship from 2007 to 2013 after Ekka, who used to work with the victim at a school hostel in the Residency area here, promised to marry her, the complainant said.
However, later Ekka left for Chhattisgarh and married another woman there, she further mentioned.
An offence under Sections 376 (rape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC has been registered against the man, police said, adding that a probe was on in the matter.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!
- Sangeeta Bijlani not miffed with 'Azhar', says Emraan Hashmi
- No sugar shortage: 31 million MT sugar to be available during 2016-17
- Vegan? Here's how you can get all key nutrients!
- India performing well as compared to other nations: UN expert