Woman accuses live-in partner of rape
Indore: A offence of rape has been registered against a person for not honouring the promise of marriage he made to a woman, with whom he had a live-in relationship for about seven years, police said on Tuesday.
Based on a complaint filed by the 32-year-old woman, a teacher by profession, a case was registered yesterday against Bhalerian Ekka, Sanyogitaganj police said.
The duo had a live-in relationship from 2007 to 2013 after Ekka, who used to work with the victim at a school hostel in the Residency area here, promised to marry her, the complainant said.
However, later Ekka left for Chhattisgarh and married another woman there, she further mentioned.
An offence under Sections 376 (rape) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of IPC has been registered against the man, police said, adding that a probe was on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested