Woman accuses MP senior cop of raping her
Jaipur: A woman here on Saturday accused a senior police officer of Madhya Pradesh of raping her and clicking objectionable pictures of her daughter and niece, a charge denied by the policeman.
The woman, whose husband is lodged in a Bhopal jail in connection with a fraud case, lodged an FIR with Mahila police station against Anil Kumar Mishra, Additional IG-CID of Madhya Pradesh Police.
She alleged that Mishra raped her several times in Bhopal and other places on pretext of helping her husband in the case and also clicked some half-naked pictures of her daughter and niece to blackmail her, police said.
"The case was registered under relevant sections of IPC and her statements are being recorded," police said, adding that she has also presented some evidences.
When contacted the Mishra rejected the allegations.
"Being the part of a special team investigating a case of fraud in Bhopal in which her husband is under judicial custody for the last 8 months, I know that family but the allegations of rape and others are baseless," Mishra said.
He said a detailed investigation would reveal the truth behind the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- BJP president Amit Shah sounds poll bugle in Uttarakhand; slams Congress, Harish Rawat
- IIFA 2016: Why should Oscars become benchmark to celebrate Indian cinema, asks Anupam Kher
- US floods: 24 dead in West Virginia; search and rescue continues
- Pampore terror attack: PM Narendra Modi pained by demise of CRPF jawans, salutes their courage
- PM Narendra Modi to share his thoughts in 21st edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' today