Woman accuses MP senior cop of raping her
Jaipur: A woman here on Saturday accused a senior police officer of Madhya Pradesh of raping her and clicking objectionable pictures of her daughter and niece, a charge denied by the policeman.
The woman, whose husband is lodged in a Bhopal jail in connection with a fraud case, lodged an FIR with Mahila police station against Anil Kumar Mishra, Additional IG-CID of Madhya Pradesh Police.
She alleged that Mishra raped her several times in Bhopal and other places on pretext of helping her husband in the case and also clicked some half-naked pictures of her daughter and niece to blackmail her, police said.
"The case was registered under relevant sections of IPC and her statements are being recorded," police said, adding that she has also presented some evidences.
When contacted the Mishra rejected the allegations.
"Being the part of a special team investigating a case of fraud in Bhopal in which her husband is under judicial custody for the last 8 months, I know that family but the allegations of rape and others are baseless," Mishra said.
He said a detailed investigation would reveal the truth behind the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back