Woman agrees to return home after husband promises toilet
Indore: A 27-year-old dalit woman has agreed to return to her husband`s home at a village in Dewas district, after he promised before a court to get a proper toilet constructed at his place.
Savita, who got married to Mundlaana village resident Devkaran Malviya (30) about seven years back, left her husband`s home along with her two children three years ago and went to live with her parents as she felt a sense of shame at being forced to answer the nature`s call in the open.
Later, she filed a case in a local court seeking monthly maintenance from her husband. During the course of the case, it came to light that she had a dispute with her husband over their being no proper toilet facility in his house.
She told the magistrate court recently that she would not go to her husband`s home unless a proper toilet was built there.
Devkaran has assured the court that he would ensure a proper toilet at his home before January 10, which is the next date of hearing in the case.
The woman has agreed to return to her husband`s home after he ensures proper toilet facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth