Woman agrees to return home after husband promises toilet
Indore: A 27-year-old dalit woman has agreed to return to her husband`s home at a village in Dewas district, after he promised before a court to get a proper toilet constructed at his place.
Savita, who got married to Mundlaana village resident Devkaran Malviya (30) about seven years back, left her husband`s home along with her two children three years ago and went to live with her parents as she felt a sense of shame at being forced to answer the nature`s call in the open.
Later, she filed a case in a local court seeking monthly maintenance from her husband. During the course of the case, it came to light that she had a dispute with her husband over their being no proper toilet facility in his house.
She told the magistrate court recently that she would not go to her husband`s home unless a proper toilet was built there.
Devkaran has assured the court that he would ensure a proper toilet at his home before January 10, which is the next date of hearing in the case.
The woman has agreed to return to her husband`s home after he ensures proper toilet facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Wimbledon 2016: Novak Djokovic wins 30th consecutive Grand Slam match, Roger Federer ends Marcus Willis' fairytale
- Istanbul terror attack: 41 killed, ISIS prime suspect; Ataturk Airport resumes flights
- US polls: Barack Obama to campaign with Hillary Clinton, Donald Trump shrinks gap
- NSG membership: We 'regret' India's failure in Seoul but won't give up, says US
- Vladimir Putin lifts Turkey travel restrictions after phone call with Recep Tayyip Erdogan