Woman Congress leader beaten up by cops in MP
Bhopal: A local woman Congress leader was allegedly roughed up by women constables on Thursday when she protested against removal of encroachments here, eyewitnesses said, but officials feigned ignorance about the incident.
According to eyewitnesses, Urmila Gurjar, President of Morena district Congress women swing, was dragged and beaten up by the constables when she, along with supporters, went to Sadar Bazar area to protest razing of illegal fruit stalls.
Later, police bundled her in a jeep and took her to a police station. Local Congress leaders strongly condemned the incident. When contacted, senior police officials claimed they were not aware about the incident.
They, however, admitted that since she was opposing the anti-encroachment drive, police removed her from the spot. Police filed a case against Gurjar for breach of peace. It was not clear if the Congress leader has lodged any complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof