Woman gang-raped by four men, set afire in Madhya Pradesh
Hoshangabad: A 26-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped and then set on fire by four men in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh, police said on Monday.
The victim, who was admitted in a critical condition in a hospital at Bankhedi here, succumbed to her injuries two days ago, police said.
The woman, residing in Simaria village, had come to her mother`s place in Dumar village where her neighbours identified as Hamid, Irshad Khan, Aashiq and Raees Khan took turns to assault her over an alleged property dispute, they said.
Later, the four men along with Hamid`s wife set the girl on fire and threw her in front of her house.
Police have arrested the four men and Hamid`s wife and a case has been registered under section 376 (rape), 302 (murder), 147 (rioting) and 365 (kidnapping) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III