Woman gang-raped by four men, set afire in Madhya Pradesh
Hoshangabad: A 26-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped and then set on fire by four men in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh, police said on Monday.
The victim, who was admitted in a critical condition in a hospital at Bankhedi here, succumbed to her injuries two days ago, police said.
The woman, residing in Simaria village, had come to her mother`s place in Dumar village where her neighbours identified as Hamid, Irshad Khan, Aashiq and Raees Khan took turns to assault her over an alleged property dispute, they said.
Later, the four men along with Hamid`s wife set the girl on fire and threw her in front of her house.
Police have arrested the four men and Hamid`s wife and a case has been registered under section 376 (rape), 302 (murder), 147 (rioting) and 365 (kidnapping) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16