Woman gang-raped by four men, set afire in Madhya Pradesh
Hoshangabad: A 26-year-old woman was allegedly gang-raped and then set on fire by four men in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh, police said on Monday.
The victim, who was admitted in a critical condition in a hospital at Bankhedi here, succumbed to her injuries two days ago, police said.
The woman, residing in Simaria village, had come to her mother`s place in Dumar village where her neighbours identified as Hamid, Irshad Khan, Aashiq and Raees Khan took turns to assault her over an alleged property dispute, they said.
Later, the four men along with Hamid`s wife set the girl on fire and threw her in front of her house.
Police have arrested the four men and Hamid`s wife and a case has been registered under section 376 (rape), 302 (murder), 147 (rioting) and 365 (kidnapping) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- NIO discovers world's first ancient settlement destroyed by tsunami
- Apple sends out invite for iPhone 7 launch event
- Dhanush to produce Rajinikanth's next film
- Longtime Google executive leaves Uber board of directors
- India, US sign military logistics agreement; can now use each other`s assets, bases