Woman gang-raped in Madhya Pradesh
Dhar (MP): A married woman was allegedly gang-raped by three acquaintances after they offered her lift near Dhamnod town in the district, police said on Wednesday.
The alleged offence took place on the night of December 31, when the victim was returning from Mandleshwar court after taking a copy of an order and was on her way to Indore, Dhamnod Police Station In-charge, Aishwarya Shastri said.
When the woman reached Dhamnod, three persons belonging to Sejvai village of Khargone district, who were already known to her, offered her lift in a car and later took her to an isolated place on the ITI campus and took turns to rape her.
The woman somehow managed to escape and later reported the matter at Dhamnod police station following which the trio, identified as Roopsingh, Suraj and car driver Mukesh, were arrested yesterday.
A case under section 376 and 508 of the IPC has been registered against them, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"