Woman gang-raped in Madhya Pradesh
Dhar (MP): A married woman was allegedly gang-raped by three acquaintances after they offered her lift near Dhamnod town in the district, police said on Wednesday.
The alleged offence took place on the night of December 31, when the victim was returning from Mandleshwar court after taking a copy of an order and was on her way to Indore, Dhamnod Police Station In-charge, Aishwarya Shastri said.
When the woman reached Dhamnod, three persons belonging to Sejvai village of Khargone district, who were already known to her, offered her lift in a car and later took her to an isolated place on the ITI campus and took turns to rape her.
The woman somehow managed to escape and later reported the matter at Dhamnod police station following which the trio, identified as Roopsingh, Suraj and car driver Mukesh, were arrested yesterday.
A case under section 376 and 508 of the IPC has been registered against them, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP