Woman gang-raped in Madhya Pradesh
Dhar (MP): A married woman was allegedly gang-raped by three acquaintances after they offered her lift near Dhamnod town in the district, police said on Wednesday.
The alleged offence took place on the night of December 31, when the victim was returning from Mandleshwar court after taking a copy of an order and was on her way to Indore, Dhamnod Police Station In-charge, Aishwarya Shastri said.
When the woman reached Dhamnod, three persons belonging to Sejvai village of Khargone district, who were already known to her, offered her lift in a car and later took her to an isolated place on the ITI campus and took turns to rape her.
The woman somehow managed to escape and later reported the matter at Dhamnod police station following which the trio, identified as Roopsingh, Suraj and car driver Mukesh, were arrested yesterday.
A case under section 376 and 508 of the IPC has been registered against them, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone