Woman gangraped near Indore
Indore: Eight persons, including
suspected policemen, allegedly gangraped a thirty-year-old
woman, who was accompanying her husband on a motorcycle here,
police said on Friday.
The incident took place at a dhabha (roadside eatery)
near here on Wednesday night, when the woman and her husband
were on their way to Indore after visiting a temple in Dewas,
City Superintendent of Police Amrendra Singh told PTI.
When the couple was approaching Indore, it was stopped
by a group of suspected policemen near the dhaba. They started
beating her husband and forced him to sit outside the dhahba
while they sexually assaulted the woman inside, he added.
However, police are yet to confirm whether the
attackers were real policemen or just civilians, who posed as
cops. "It`s probable that some imposters, in the name of crime
branch cops, committed the crime," Singh said.
A high level probe has been initiated and the woman
was sent for medical examination, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state