Woman gangraped near Indore
Indore: Eight persons, including
suspected policemen, allegedly gangraped a thirty-year-old
woman, who was accompanying her husband on a motorcycle here,
police said on Friday.
The incident took place at a dhabha (roadside eatery)
near here on Wednesday night, when the woman and her husband
were on their way to Indore after visiting a temple in Dewas,
City Superintendent of Police Amrendra Singh told PTI.
When the couple was approaching Indore, it was stopped
by a group of suspected policemen near the dhaba. They started
beating her husband and forced him to sit outside the dhahba
while they sexually assaulted the woman inside, he added.
However, police are yet to confirm whether the
attackers were real policemen or just civilians, who posed as
cops. "It`s probable that some imposters, in the name of crime
branch cops, committed the crime," Singh said.
A high level probe has been initiated and the woman
was sent for medical examination, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack