Woman gangraped near Indore
Indore: Eight persons, including
suspected policemen, allegedly gangraped a thirty-year-old
woman, who was accompanying her husband on a motorcycle here,
police said on Friday.
The incident took place at a dhabha (roadside eatery)
near here on Wednesday night, when the woman and her husband
were on their way to Indore after visiting a temple in Dewas,
City Superintendent of Police Amrendra Singh told PTI.
When the couple was approaching Indore, it was stopped
by a group of suspected policemen near the dhaba. They started
beating her husband and forced him to sit outside the dhahba
while they sexually assaulted the woman inside, he added.
However, police are yet to confirm whether the
attackers were real policemen or just civilians, who posed as
cops. "It`s probable that some imposters, in the name of crime
branch cops, committed the crime," Singh said.
A high level probe has been initiated and the woman
was sent for medical examination, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail