Woman gangraped, set afire in MP
Hoshangabad (MP): A 26-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped and then set on fire by four men in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh, police said on Monday.
The victim, who was admitted in a critical condition in a hospital at Bankhedi here, succumbed to her injuries two days ago, police said.
The woman, residing in Simaria village, had come to her mother`s place in Dumar village where her neighbours identified as Hamid, Irshad Khan, Aashiq and Raees Khan took turns to assault her over an alleged property dispute, they said.
Later, the four men along with Hamid`s wife set the girl on fire and threw her in front of her house.
Police have arrested the four men and Hamid`s wife and a case has been registered under section 376 (rape), 302 (murder), 147 (rioting) and 365 (kidnapping) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'