Woman gangraped, set afire in MP
Hoshangabad (MP): A 26-year-old woman was allegedly gangraped and then set on fire by four men in Hoshangabad district of Madhya Pradesh, police said on Monday.
The victim, who was admitted in a critical condition in a hospital at Bankhedi here, succumbed to her injuries two days ago, police said.
The woman, residing in Simaria village, had come to her mother`s place in Dumar village where her neighbours identified as Hamid, Irshad Khan, Aashiq and Raees Khan took turns to assault her over an alleged property dispute, they said.
Later, the four men along with Hamid`s wife set the girl on fire and threw her in front of her house.
Police have arrested the four men and Hamid`s wife and a case has been registered under section 376 (rape), 302 (murder), 147 (rioting) and 365 (kidnapping) of the IPC.
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day