Woman hanged, beaten, burnt on pyre in MP
Bhopal: In a suspected case of honour
killing, a married woman who had eloped with a Dalit man was
beaten to death and her body set afire by her family members
in full public view.
The horrific incident took place on October 20 at village
Lehar in the district.
The woman, Guddi alias Bhoori (30), who had four kids,
had eloped with her neighbour Kamal on October 2.
Her family members found her on October 20. She was
beaten to death and her body hung from a tree. The assailants
then set her body on fire.
The killing took place in full public view, but none of
the villagers came forward to help the woman, police said.
Guddi`s parents registered a complaint with the Dimni
police station. Her in-laws are absconding, police said. Kamal
and his family members too are missing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?