Woman hanged, beaten, burnt on pyre in MP
Bhopal: In a suspected case of honour
killing, a married woman who had eloped with a Dalit man was
beaten to death and her body set afire by her family members
in full public view.
The horrific incident took place on October 20 at village
Lehar in the district.
The woman, Guddi alias Bhoori (30), who had four kids,
had eloped with her neighbour Kamal on October 2.
Her family members found her on October 20. She was
beaten to death and her body hung from a tree. The assailants
then set her body on fire.
The killing took place in full public view, but none of
the villagers came forward to help the woman, police said.
Guddi`s parents registered a complaint with the Dimni
police station. Her in-laws are absconding, police said. Kamal
and his family members too are missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter