Woman hanged, beaten, burnt on pyre in MP
Bhopal: In a suspected case of honour
killing, a married woman who had eloped with a Dalit man was
beaten to death and her body set afire by her family members
in full public view.
The horrific incident took place on October 20 at village
Lehar in the district.
The woman, Guddi alias Bhoori (30), who had four kids,
had eloped with her neighbour Kamal on October 2.
Her family members found her on October 20. She was
beaten to death and her body hung from a tree. The assailants
then set her body on fire.
The killing took place in full public view, but none of
the villagers came forward to help the woman, police said.
Guddi`s parents registered a complaint with the Dimni
police station. Her in-laws are absconding, police said. Kamal
and his family members too are missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars