Woman hanged, beaten, burnt on pyre in MP
Bhopal: In a suspected case of honour
killing, a married woman who had eloped with a Dalit man was
beaten to death and her body set afire by her family members
in full public view.
The horrific incident took place on October 20 at village
Lehar in the district.
The woman, Guddi alias Bhoori (30), who had four kids,
had eloped with her neighbour Kamal on October 2.
Her family members found her on October 20. She was
beaten to death and her body hung from a tree. The assailants
then set her body on fire.
The killing took place in full public view, but none of
the villagers came forward to help the woman, police said.
Guddi`s parents registered a complaint with the Dimni
police station. Her in-laws are absconding, police said. Kamal
and his family members too are missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof