Woman hanged, beaten, burnt on pyre in MP
Bhopal: In a suspected case of honour
killing, a married woman who had eloped with a Dalit man was
beaten to death and her body set afire by her family members
in full public view.
The horrific incident took place on October 20 at village
Lehar in the district.
The woman, Guddi alias Bhoori (30), who had four kids,
had eloped with her neighbour Kamal on October 2.
Her family members found her on October 20. She was
beaten to death and her body hung from a tree. The assailants
then set her body on fire.
The killing took place in full public view, but none of
the villagers came forward to help the woman, police said.
Guddi`s parents registered a complaint with the Dimni
police station. Her in-laws are absconding, police said. Kamal
and his family members too are missing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'