Woman kills self after gangrape in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: A 35-year-old woman committed suicide after she was allegedly gangraped in the neighbouring Raisen district, police said on wednesday.
The woman was picked up by four persons near Bhopal in a jeep yesterday who later allegedly raped her in Badi forest area and then dumped her on the road, police said.
The victim, who was feeling dejected, somehow reached her village and later set herself on fire.
She sustained serious burn injuries and was rushed to Bhopal`s Hamidia hospital where she succumbed to her injuries late last night, police said.
In her dying declaration, she blamed four persons for her plight but failed to identify them, Hoshangabad range Inspector General Ajay Sharma told PTI.
The woman told the police that she belonged to Kamtoun village and was returning home when she was forcefully taken away by four men who allegedly gangraped her.
A case has been registered against unidentified persons under relevant sections of the IPC and further investigations are on, police added.
Incidentally, in a similar incident, a 16-year-old girl had committed suicide after she was allegedly gangraped in Jind district of Haryana last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday