Woman kills self after gangrape in Madhya Pradesh
Bhopal: A 35-year-old woman committed suicide after she was allegedly gangraped in the neighbouring Raisen district, police said on wednesday.
The woman was picked up by four persons near Bhopal in a jeep yesterday who later allegedly raped her in Badi forest area and then dumped her on the road, police said.
The victim, who was feeling dejected, somehow reached her village and later set herself on fire.
She sustained serious burn injuries and was rushed to Bhopal`s Hamidia hospital where she succumbed to her injuries late last night, police said.
In her dying declaration, she blamed four persons for her plight but failed to identify them, Hoshangabad range Inspector General Ajay Sharma told PTI.
The woman told the police that she belonged to Kamtoun village and was returning home when she was forcefully taken away by four men who allegedly gangraped her.
A case has been registered against unidentified persons under relevant sections of the IPC and further investigations are on, police added.
Incidentally, in a similar incident, a 16-year-old girl had committed suicide after she was allegedly gangraped in Jind district of Haryana last week.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter