Woman kills self over design of `mangalsutra`
Indore: Upset over design of a `mangalsutra` (necklace) brought by her husband, a 26-year-old woman allegedly killed herself by hanging at her residence here, police said today.
The deceased Pooja Patidar was a resident of Ganeshpuri Colony.
She hanged herself in kitchen on Friday apparently as she was upset over the make of the necklace, police said, adding the couple, originally belonging to Neemuch, was married for one year.
According to police, Pooja had been repeatedly asking her husband to make a new `mangalsutra` for her but he could not oblige due to financial constraints.
Police said Pooja had had a minor argument over the issue.
A case is filed in this regard, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days