Woman manhandled by cops during protest in MP
Shivpuri: A woman was allegedly manhandled by police during a road blockade organised by the residents of Khaira Kotia village near Karera town seeking registration of an FIR and arrest of accused for murdering a man over a land dispute.
The woman was manhandled when the police tried to clear the road blockade.
According to police, a 48-year-old man Dashrath Pal was murdered in the intervening night of July 11-12, while he was returning home along with his wife and daughter.
The accused, identified as Ranveer Rawat, Narendra Rawat and their five associates stopped them and forcibly took Dashrath along with them at a gun-point to settle scores with him. The victim had earlier filed a report with the police against the accused for getting a part of his land registered in their name, police said.
Next morning the victim`s body was found near the village, following which police was informed about it. Police took the body into their custody and sent it for autopsy.
Meanwhile, the villagers reached the Karera police station. When the police informed that a case has been registered into the matter, villagers sought to know as to why the accused were not named in the report, even though the victim`s family had identified the accused. The villagers then forcibly took the body of the victim from the mortuary van and staged a road blockade in the town.
Senior police and administrative officials reached the spot and persuaded the villagers to end the blockade. However, when they did not relent, police tried to took the body into their possession and a woman from the victim`s family was allegedly manhandled.
A policeman was caught on camera manhandling the woman. However, police claimed that the woman had been removed from the spot and was not beaten as alleged.
Meanwhile, the state Home Minister Umashankar Gupta said, "Prima facie there appears to be some lapse. I have sought a report from the police."
Later, a case of murder was registered against the accused, police said adding that efforts were on to arrest them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations