Woman, paramour get lifer for killing her cousin brother in MP
Indore: A local court on Monday awarded life imprisonment to seven persons including a married woman and her paramour for murdering her 30-year-old cousin brother who objected to the illicit relationship.
The Special Additional Sessions Judge AK Singh also imposed fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the convicts.
The amount will go to the kin of the deceased as he was the sole earning member of his family.
The court found the accused guilty under section 302 (murder) of Indian Penal Code besides other sections.
According to prosecution advocate Jyoti Tomar, one of the convicts, identified as Aarti, had an illicit relations with Raja. Her cousin brother Vimal who was aware of it and had warned her to stay away from Raja.
As Vimal continued to prod Aarti over her extramarital affair, she asked Raja to get rid of Vimal.
According to prosecution, Raja, along with his associates Vinay, Santosh, Neeraj, Milind and Kallu, killed Raja by stabbing him on July 21, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Naseeruddin Shah apologises for his remarks on Rajesh Khanna, daughter Twinkle thanks supporters
- Honour killing in Kairana: Youth shot at by father-in-law in for marrying girl against parents' choice
- BCCI to meet today to discuss SC verdict on Lodha panel's report
- JuD medical team to apply for Indian visa to travel to Kashmir
- Check out! Katrina Kaif's realistic take on friendships in Bollywood