Woman, paramour get lifer for killing her cousin brother in MP
Indore: A local court on Monday awarded life imprisonment to seven persons including a married woman and her paramour for murdering her 30-year-old cousin brother who objected to the illicit relationship.
The Special Additional Sessions Judge AK Singh also imposed fine of Rs 10,000 on each of the convicts.
The amount will go to the kin of the deceased as he was the sole earning member of his family.
The court found the accused guilty under section 302 (murder) of Indian Penal Code besides other sections.
According to prosecution advocate Jyoti Tomar, one of the convicts, identified as Aarti, had an illicit relations with Raja. Her cousin brother Vimal who was aware of it and had warned her to stay away from Raja.
As Vimal continued to prod Aarti over her extramarital affair, she asked Raja to get rid of Vimal.
According to prosecution, Raja, along with his associates Vinay, Santosh, Neeraj, Milind and Kallu, killed Raja by stabbing him on July 21, 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured