Woman researcher files complaint against guide for harassment
Gwalior: A female research scholar who worked at the Gwalior-based Defence Research and Development Establishment (DRDE) has filed a complaint of "harassment" against a male scientist of the institution.
An FIR has been registered against the scientist yesterday, Gwalior Range Inspector General (IG) Adarsh Katiyar said.
The woman pursued research under DRDE scientist Prabhat Garg in 2010-11, but left her job, after she got married and also because of the "uncomfortable" situation she faced at the hands of her male guide, the police said.
She suffered "harassment" in silence until her marriage because of her career, but when her male research guide did not spare her even after her marriage, she disclosed the matter to her husband.
Yesterday, the couple reached Gwalior and filed a complaint with the police, after which an FIR was registered in the case.
Later, police sent a notice to the scientist`s residence, but since he was not at home, he has not responded to it so far, the IG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj