Woman researcher files complaint against guide for harassment
Gwalior: A female research scholar who worked at the Gwalior-based Defence Research and Development Establishment (DRDE) has filed a complaint of "harassment" against a male scientist of the institution.
An FIR has been registered against the scientist yesterday, Gwalior Range Inspector General (IG) Adarsh Katiyar said.
The woman pursued research under DRDE scientist Prabhat Garg in 2010-11, but left her job, after she got married and also because of the "uncomfortable" situation she faced at the hands of her male guide, the police said.
She suffered "harassment" in silence until her marriage because of her career, but when her male research guide did not spare her even after her marriage, she disclosed the matter to her husband.
Yesterday, the couple reached Gwalior and filed a complaint with the police, after which an FIR was registered in the case.
Later, police sent a notice to the scientist`s residence, but since he was not at home, he has not responded to it so far, the IG said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Colombian president, rebel chief sign cease-fire
- Argentina's President Macri has successful knee operation
- Euro 2016, Round of 16: Poland vs Switzerland - Preview
- Vacation alert! Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and hubby Abhishek Bachchan set on a family sojourn—Details inside
- Crashed EgyptAir black boxes to go to France for repairs