Woman set afire in MP over land dispute
Gwalior: A 35-year-old woman was allegedly set afire by a village sarpanch and his four sons here following a land dispute, police said on Friday.
The incident took place yesterday when the woman identified as Ushabai, a widow, demanded Rs 10 lakh from Bijouli village sarpanch Bahadur Singh, who had kept the money with him after selling her land sometime back.
The sarpanch kept the sum in his custody with the consent of the woman.
Later when Ushabai needed the money, the sarpanch started making excuses following which she started pressurising him in this regard.
Yesterday, the sarpanch along with his sons went to her place to settle the matter. When she did not relent, they poured kerosene over her and set her ablaze, police said.
Ushabai`s eldest son then rushed her to Kamala Raje Hospital in Gwalior where she succumbed to her burns.
Police later registered a case and arrested the sarpanch and his two sons in this regard while the remaining two are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief