Woman sets `dark-complexioned` hubby on fire; held
Bhind: A woman allegedly murdered her husband by setting him on fire at their home in Madhavganj in the district "for being dark in complexion and unable to provide her luxurious lifestyle", police said on Friday.
"The woman identified as Chameli allegedly set her husband Jagram Rathod ablaze because he is dark in complexion while she is very fair," they said.
The incident occurred yesterday when Chameli tied Rathod to a cot while he was asleep and doused him kerosene before setting him on fire, police said.
While Chameli fled from the spot, the neighbours rushed in to the aid of Rathod but he succumbed to his injuries, they said.
The couple have two children.
Chameli was later arrested but denied her role in the incident, saying she was being falsely implicated by her in-laws, police said.
"Chameli always wanted a luxurious lifestyle which her husband, a construction worker, was unable to provide," police said quoting Rathod`s sister Girija Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player