Woman sets `dark-complexioned` hubby on fire; held
Bhind: A woman allegedly murdered her husband by setting him on fire at their home in Madhavganj in the district "for being dark in complexion and unable to provide her luxurious lifestyle", police said on Friday.
"The woman identified as Chameli allegedly set her husband Jagram Rathod ablaze because he is dark in complexion while she is very fair," they said.
The incident occurred yesterday when Chameli tied Rathod to a cot while he was asleep and doused him kerosene before setting him on fire, police said.
While Chameli fled from the spot, the neighbours rushed in to the aid of Rathod but he succumbed to his injuries, they said.
The couple have two children.
Chameli was later arrested but denied her role in the incident, saying she was being falsely implicated by her in-laws, police said.
"Chameli always wanted a luxurious lifestyle which her husband, a construction worker, was unable to provide," police said quoting Rathod`s sister Girija Devi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir