Woman stabbed to death for resisting rape bid
Barwani: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly murdered by a man for resisting his advances at her house in Kela Amba village in the district, police said on Sunday.
The accused identified as Jamdaar entered Kamli Bai`s house on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday where she was sleeping with her children and tried to rape her to which she resisted, they said.
Jamdaar then stabbed her in stomach and neck before fleeing from the spot, police said.
Kamli was rushed to district hospital in serious condition where she succumbed to injuries last evening, they said.
A case of murder has been registered against Jamdaar at Khetiya police station and efforts are on to trace him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!