Woman stabbed to death for resisting rape bid
Barwani: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly murdered by a man for resisting his advances at her house in Kela Amba village in the district, police said on Sunday.
The accused identified as Jamdaar entered Kamli Bai`s house on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday where she was sleeping with her children and tried to rape her to which she resisted, they said.
Jamdaar then stabbed her in stomach and neck before fleeing from the spot, police said.
Kamli was rushed to district hospital in serious condition where she succumbed to injuries last evening, they said.
A case of murder has been registered against Jamdaar at Khetiya police station and efforts are on to trace him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI arrests man who forged PM Modi's signature
- Turkey detains almost 300 presidential guards: Official
- SC notice to EC on procedure for unseating lawmaker upon conviction
- Communal clash in Gujarat kills one
- IAF's AN-32 transport aircraft with 29 on board goes missing; massive search operation launched