Woman stabbed to death for resisting rape bid
Barwani: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly murdered by a man for resisting his advances at her house in Kela Amba village in the district, police said on Sunday.
The accused identified as Jamdaar entered Kamli Bai`s house on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday where she was sleeping with her children and tried to rape her to which she resisted, they said.
Jamdaar then stabbed her in stomach and neck before fleeing from the spot, police said.
Kamli was rushed to district hospital in serious condition where she succumbed to injuries last evening, they said.
A case of murder has been registered against Jamdaar at Khetiya police station and efforts are on to trace him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border