Woman stabbed to death for resisting rape bid
Barwani: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly murdered by a man for resisting his advances at her house in Kela Amba village in the district, police said on Sunday.
The accused identified as Jamdaar entered Kamli Bai`s house on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday where she was sleeping with her children and tried to rape her to which she resisted, they said.
Jamdaar then stabbed her in stomach and neck before fleeing from the spot, police said.
Kamli was rushed to district hospital in serious condition where she succumbed to injuries last evening, they said.
A case of murder has been registered against Jamdaar at Khetiya police station and efforts are on to trace him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city