Woman stabbed to death for resisting rape bid
Barwani: A 24-year-old woman was allegedly murdered by a man for resisting his advances at her house in Kela Amba village in the district, police said on Sunday.
The accused identified as Jamdaar entered Kamli Bai`s house on the intervening night of Friday and Saturday where she was sleeping with her children and tried to rape her to which she resisted, they said.
Jamdaar then stabbed her in stomach and neck before fleeing from the spot, police said.
Kamli was rushed to district hospital in serious condition where she succumbed to injuries last evening, they said.
A case of murder has been registered against Jamdaar at Khetiya police station and efforts are on to trace him, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq