Women invite harassment: MP Cong leader
Zee Media Bureau
Bhind: Amidst outrage across the country over increasing crime against women, a Congress leader in Madhya Pradesh has made a shocking remark, reported a news channel.
According to Madhya Pradesh Congress general secretary Satyadev Katare, "Jab tak koi mahila tedhi nazar se hasegi nahi tab tak koi aadmi usse chhedega nahi (No man will harass a woman till she looks at him in a suggestive manner).
Katare`s remarks received a flak from BJP spokesman and MLA Vishwas Sarang, who described the statement as highly derogatory towards women despite the fact that the president of the Congress party is a woman.
"It reflects the mentality of Congress leaders and specially in the aftermath of incidents of rape in Delhi," Sarang said.
Katare’s remark while addressing a gathering in Bhind on Tuesday coincides with a horrific rape incident in Madhya Pradesh, whose four-year-old victim is in a critical condition in a hospital in Nagpur.
Doctors attending to the four-year-old child, who was allegedly raped in the Ghansour town of Madhya Pradesh and shifted to Nagpur, have said that she continues to be critical. They said that the child has suffered severe brain injuries and is on life support.
Prime accused Feroze Khan, 35, has been arrested from Bihar.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt