Women invite harassment: MP Cong leader
Zee Media Bureau
Bhind: Amidst outrage across the country over increasing crime against women, a Congress leader in Madhya Pradesh has made a shocking remark, reported a news channel.
According to Madhya Pradesh Congress general secretary Satyadev Katare, "Jab tak koi mahila tedhi nazar se hasegi nahi tab tak koi aadmi usse chhedega nahi (No man will harass a woman till she looks at him in a suggestive manner).
Katare`s remarks received a flak from BJP spokesman and MLA Vishwas Sarang, who described the statement as highly derogatory towards women despite the fact that the president of the Congress party is a woman.
"It reflects the mentality of Congress leaders and specially in the aftermath of incidents of rape in Delhi," Sarang said.
Katare’s remark while addressing a gathering in Bhind on Tuesday coincides with a horrific rape incident in Madhya Pradesh, whose four-year-old victim is in a critical condition in a hospital in Nagpur.
Doctors attending to the four-year-old child, who was allegedly raped in the Ghansour town of Madhya Pradesh and shifted to Nagpur, have said that she continues to be critical. They said that the child has suffered severe brain injuries and is on life support.
Prime accused Feroze Khan, 35, has been arrested from Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Nationwide frenzy as ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth arrives in style
- This is what Zakir Naik thinks about Narendra Modi, Islamic State and jihad
- India vs West Indies, 1st Test: Virender Sehwag predicted Virat Kohli's 12th ton before we all knew it!
- Lok Sabha adjourns after uproar over AAP MP Bhagwant Mann's Parliament video, other issues
- Book on LK Advani to be released without his consent?