Women invite harassment: MP Cong leader
Zee Media Bureau
Bhind: Amidst outrage across the country over increasing crime against women, a Congress leader in Madhya Pradesh has made a shocking remark, reported a news channel.
According to Madhya Pradesh Congress general secretary Satyadev Katare, "Jab tak koi mahila tedhi nazar se hasegi nahi tab tak koi aadmi usse chhedega nahi (No man will harass a woman till she looks at him in a suggestive manner).
Katare`s remarks received a flak from BJP spokesman and MLA Vishwas Sarang, who described the statement as highly derogatory towards women despite the fact that the president of the Congress party is a woman.
"It reflects the mentality of Congress leaders and specially in the aftermath of incidents of rape in Delhi," Sarang said.
Katare’s remark while addressing a gathering in Bhind on Tuesday coincides with a horrific rape incident in Madhya Pradesh, whose four-year-old victim is in a critical condition in a hospital in Nagpur.
Doctors attending to the four-year-old child, who was allegedly raped in the Ghansour town of Madhya Pradesh and shifted to Nagpur, have said that she continues to be critical. They said that the child has suffered severe brain injuries and is on life support.
Prime accused Feroze Khan, 35, has been arrested from Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’