Women invite harassment: MP Cong leader
Zee Media Bureau
Bhind: Amidst outrage across the country over increasing crime against women, a Congress leader in Madhya Pradesh has made a shocking remark, reported a news channel.
According to Madhya Pradesh Congress general secretary Satyadev Katare, "Jab tak koi mahila tedhi nazar se hasegi nahi tab tak koi aadmi usse chhedega nahi (No man will harass a woman till she looks at him in a suggestive manner).
Katare`s remarks received a flak from BJP spokesman and MLA Vishwas Sarang, who described the statement as highly derogatory towards women despite the fact that the president of the Congress party is a woman.
"It reflects the mentality of Congress leaders and specially in the aftermath of incidents of rape in Delhi," Sarang said.
Katare’s remark while addressing a gathering in Bhind on Tuesday coincides with a horrific rape incident in Madhya Pradesh, whose four-year-old victim is in a critical condition in a hospital in Nagpur.
Doctors attending to the four-year-old child, who was allegedly raped in the Ghansour town of Madhya Pradesh and shifted to Nagpur, have said that she continues to be critical. They said that the child has suffered severe brain injuries and is on life support.
Prime accused Feroze Khan, 35, has been arrested from Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley