Women invite harassment: MP Cong leader
Zee Media Bureau
Bhind: Amidst outrage across the country over increasing crime against women, a Congress leader in Madhya Pradesh has made a shocking remark, reported a news channel.
According to Madhya Pradesh Congress general secretary Satyadev Katare, "Jab tak koi mahila tedhi nazar se hasegi nahi tab tak koi aadmi usse chhedega nahi (No man will harass a woman till she looks at him in a suggestive manner).
Katare`s remarks received a flak from BJP spokesman and MLA Vishwas Sarang, who described the statement as highly derogatory towards women despite the fact that the president of the Congress party is a woman.
"It reflects the mentality of Congress leaders and specially in the aftermath of incidents of rape in Delhi," Sarang said.
Katare’s remark while addressing a gathering in Bhind on Tuesday coincides with a horrific rape incident in Madhya Pradesh, whose four-year-old victim is in a critical condition in a hospital in Nagpur.
Doctors attending to the four-year-old child, who was allegedly raped in the Ghansour town of Madhya Pradesh and shifted to Nagpur, have said that she continues to be critical. They said that the child has suffered severe brain injuries and is on life support.
Prime accused Feroze Khan, 35, has been arrested from Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race