Youth Congress leader killed in celebratory firing
Sagar: A local Youth Congress leader was killed in an alleged incident of celebratory firing during a marriage function here, police said on Thursday.
The deceased identified as Abhishek Dubey (31) was the general secretary of local unit of Youth Congress and research scholar at Dr Hari Singh Gour Central University.
The incident occurred last night when a bullet fired in air, allegedly by one of the revellers, hit Dubey in his chest.
According to police, a case of murder was registered against revellers Dr P S Thakur and Martand Singh in this regard following a complaint by Anup, brother of the deceased.
The mishap occurred when Thakur was trying to find out the cause behind one of the bullets getting stuck in his revolver after he fired multiple shots in air, police said.
Dubey was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Police said the accused are absconding along with the weapon and a search is on to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren