Youth Congress leader killed in celebratory firing
Sagar: A local Youth Congress leader was killed in an alleged incident of celebratory firing during a marriage function here, police said on Thursday.
The deceased identified as Abhishek Dubey (31) was the general secretary of local unit of Youth Congress and research scholar at Dr Hari Singh Gour Central University.
The incident occurred last night when a bullet fired in air, allegedly by one of the revellers, hit Dubey in his chest.
According to police, a case of murder was registered against revellers Dr P S Thakur and Martand Singh in this regard following a complaint by Anup, brother of the deceased.
The mishap occurred when Thakur was trying to find out the cause behind one of the bullets getting stuck in his revolver after he fired multiple shots in air, police said.
Dubey was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Police said the accused are absconding along with the weapon and a search is on to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor