Youth Congress leader killed in celebratory firing
Sagar: A local Youth Congress leader was killed in an alleged incident of celebratory firing during a marriage function here, police said on Thursday.
The deceased identified as Abhishek Dubey (31) was the general secretary of local unit of Youth Congress and research scholar at Dr Hari Singh Gour Central University.
The incident occurred last night when a bullet fired in air, allegedly by one of the revellers, hit Dubey in his chest.
According to police, a case of murder was registered against revellers Dr P S Thakur and Martand Singh in this regard following a complaint by Anup, brother of the deceased.
The mishap occurred when Thakur was trying to find out the cause behind one of the bullets getting stuck in his revolver after he fired multiple shots in air, police said.
Dubey was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Police said the accused are absconding along with the weapon and a search is on to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid