Youth Congress leader killed in celebratory firing
Sagar: A local Youth Congress leader was killed in an alleged incident of celebratory firing during a marriage function here, police said on Thursday.
The deceased identified as Abhishek Dubey (31) was the general secretary of local unit of Youth Congress and research scholar at Dr Hari Singh Gour Central University.
The incident occurred last night when a bullet fired in air, allegedly by one of the revellers, hit Dubey in his chest.
According to police, a case of murder was registered against revellers Dr P S Thakur and Martand Singh in this regard following a complaint by Anup, brother of the deceased.
The mishap occurred when Thakur was trying to find out the cause behind one of the bullets getting stuck in his revolver after he fired multiple shots in air, police said.
Dubey was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Police said the accused are absconding along with the weapon and a search is on to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'