Youth Congress leader killed in celebratory firing
Sagar: A local Youth Congress leader was killed in an alleged incident of celebratory firing during a marriage function here, police said on Thursday.
The deceased identified as Abhishek Dubey (31) was the general secretary of local unit of Youth Congress and research scholar at Dr Hari Singh Gour Central University.
The incident occurred last night when a bullet fired in air, allegedly by one of the revellers, hit Dubey in his chest.
According to police, a case of murder was registered against revellers Dr P S Thakur and Martand Singh in this regard following a complaint by Anup, brother of the deceased.
The mishap occurred when Thakur was trying to find out the cause behind one of the bullets getting stuck in his revolver after he fired multiple shots in air, police said.
Dubey was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.
Police said the accused are absconding along with the weapon and a search is on to trace them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!