Youth ends life over allegations of rape
Bhopal: A 23-year-old youth, who had to appear before police in Piparia town in connection with abduction and rape of a minor girl, allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison in a train here, police said.
The deceased Golu Sharma was asked by his lawyer to appear before police yesterday in connection with the complaint lodged against him recently by the family of the girl, they said.
"Golu was vomiting when his lawyer went to Piparia railway station to receive him yesterday. He was rushed to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead," police said.
Police suspect that Golu consumed poison in the train.
A case has been registered and investigations are on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi