Youth ends life over allegations of rape
Bhopal: A 23-year-old youth, who had to appear before police in Piparia town in connection with abduction and rape of a minor girl, allegedly committed suicide by consuming poison in a train here, police said.
The deceased Golu Sharma was asked by his lawyer to appear before police yesterday in connection with the complaint lodged against him recently by the family of the girl, they said.
"Golu was vomiting when his lawyer went to Piparia railway station to receive him yesterday. He was rushed to a local hospital where he was declared brought dead," police said.
Police suspect that Golu consumed poison in the train.
A case has been registered and investigations are on, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender