Youth, fired at by IAS officer sons, wants FIR against him quashed
Bhopal: A youth who was allegedly shot at by Datia Collector`s two sons in Tulsi Nagar here last week has submitted a memorandum to Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Umashankar Gupta and state DGP urging them to get quashed the FIR registered against him in that district.
The complainant, Anant Shrivastava alleged that Datia police officers acted under pressure of Datia Collector and registered a case against him.
He also requested the Minister and DGP to scrutinise the call register of senior police officers at Datia as he suspected pressure was put on them to register FIR.
The incident took place on last Saturday when Datia Collector G B Kabirpanthi`s two sons Tony and Sambhav allegedly opened fired at Anant in the TT Nagar locality of the city.
Anant told the police that the two had come to his house and all of a sudden Tony slapped him and later he came with his brother and began firing.
Police said that the gun shots were fired in the air and no pellets had been recovered till now although the incident led to panic in area.
The police had registered a case against the two brothers in connection with the incident.
On the other hand, the Datia Collector, GP Kabirpanthi had told a news agency over phone that his sons had been wrongly framed by the police in the whole case.
The Collector said that it was Anant and some of his friends who had beaten up his son Tony mercilessly and had left him to die, in the city.
Kabirpanthi said that Anant and his friends were drunk at that time and Tony suffered 13 injuries including a fracture.
He said that Tony had reached Datia by train and arrangements were being made for his proper treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you