Youth, fired at by IAS officer sons, wants FIR against him quashed
Bhopal: A youth who was allegedly shot at by Datia Collector`s two sons in Tulsi Nagar here last week has submitted a memorandum to Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Umashankar Gupta and state DGP urging them to get quashed the FIR registered against him in that district.
The complainant, Anant Shrivastava alleged that Datia police officers acted under pressure of Datia Collector and registered a case against him.
He also requested the Minister and DGP to scrutinise the call register of senior police officers at Datia as he suspected pressure was put on them to register FIR.
The incident took place on last Saturday when Datia Collector G B Kabirpanthi`s two sons Tony and Sambhav allegedly opened fired at Anant in the TT Nagar locality of the city.
Anant told the police that the two had come to his house and all of a sudden Tony slapped him and later he came with his brother and began firing.
Police said that the gun shots were fired in the air and no pellets had been recovered till now although the incident led to panic in area.
The police had registered a case against the two brothers in connection with the incident.
On the other hand, the Datia Collector, GP Kabirpanthi had told a news agency over phone that his sons had been wrongly framed by the police in the whole case.
The Collector said that it was Anant and some of his friends who had beaten up his son Tony mercilessly and had left him to die, in the city.
Kabirpanthi said that Anant and his friends were drunk at that time and Tony suffered 13 injuries including a fracture.
He said that Tony had reached Datia by train and arrangements were being made for his proper treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!