Youth gets death for raping & killing minor in 9-day trial
Khandwa: Conducting a rape and murder trial in a short span of nine days, a local court on Monday awarded death sentence to a youth for sexually molesting and killing a minor tribal girl.
The death sentence was awarded to Anokhi (21) under sections 363, 366 376, 377 and 302 of the IPC and section 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012, by Special Judge Jagdish Baheti, the prosecution said.
The judgement was given on the basis of the circumstantial evidences and DNA report, which the court has found to be credible against the accused.
The accused had raped and killed his own friend`s nine-year-old daughter after kidnapping her from Surgaonjoshi village under Chaigaon Makhan Police Station area on January 30, and her body was found next day by the police.
Anokhi was arrested by the police on February 4 from Bherukheda forest area.
The charges against him were framed on February 21, and the court gave its verdict in the case in just nine working days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef