Youth gets death for raping, killing minor in 9-day trial
Khandwa (MP): Conducting a rape and murder trial in a short span of nine days, a local court on Monday awarded death sentence to a youth for sexually molesting and killing a minor tribal girl.
The death sentence was awarded to Anokhi (21) under sections 363, 366 376, 377 and 302 of the IPC and section 3, 4, 5 and 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012, by Special Judge Jagdish Baheti, the prosecution said.
The judgement was given on the basis of the circumstantial evidences and DNA report, which the court has found to be credible against the accused.
The accused had raped and killed his own friend`s nine-year-old daughter after kidnapping her from Surgaonjoshi village under Chaigaon Makhan Police Station area on January 30, and her body was found next day by the police.
Anokhi was arrested by the police on February 4 from Bherukheda forest area.
The charges against him were framed on February 21, and the court gave its verdict in the case in just nine working days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers