Youth gets ten years in jail for rape
Balaghat (Madhya Pradesh): A local court has awarded ten years` rigorous imprisonment to a youth for raping a minor girl.
In his judgement Friday, First Class Upper Sessions Judge Rajendra Prasad Gupta sentenced the accused Ritesh Nagpure to ten years` rigorous imprisonment for raping the minor girl after taking her to Gondia and later to Nagpur.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 15,000 on him.
According to the prosecution, on August 2, 2012, Ritesh took the girl from her house here to Gondia and then to Nagpur on some pretext, and raped her.
When her mother filed a complaint, the girl was found at Nagpure`s house at Balaghat on August 28 last year and Ritesh was arrested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!