Youth given death sentence for raping and killing minor girl in MP
Sagar: A court in Rehli town near here awarded death sentence to a youth here on Monday for allegedly raping and killing a seven-year-old girl and also imposed a fine of Rs 70,000 on him.
Vijay Raikwar, the youth had allegedly raped the minor girl, a friend of his sister, when the victim had reached his (Vijay`s) house for playing with her companion on December 7, 2012, the prosecution said.
Later, he allegedly strangulated her and disposed off her body in a deserted place.
The sentence was pronounced by Additional Sessions Judge Devraj Bohare under Section 302 and Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and the Protection of Children against Sexual Offences Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?