Youth given death sentence for raping and killing minor girl in MP
Sagar: A court in Rehli town near here awarded death sentence to a youth here on Monday for allegedly raping and killing a seven-year-old girl and also imposed a fine of Rs 70,000 on him.
Vijay Raikwar, the youth had allegedly raped the minor girl, a friend of his sister, when the victim had reached his (Vijay`s) house for playing with her companion on December 7, 2012, the prosecution said.
Later, he allegedly strangulated her and disposed off her body in a deserted place.
The sentence was pronounced by Additional Sessions Judge Devraj Bohare under Section 302 and Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and the Protection of Children against Sexual Offences Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender