Youth given death sentence for raping and killing minor girl
Sagar: A court in Rehli town near here awarded death sentence to a youth here on Monday for allegedly raping and killing a seven-year-old girl and also imposed a fine of Rs 70,000 on him.
Vijay Raikwar, the youth had allegedly raped the minor girl, a friend of his sister, when the victim had reached his (Vijay`s) house for playing with her companion on December 7, 2012, the prosecution said.
Later, he allegedly strangulated her and disposed off her body in a deserted place.
The sentence was pronounced by Additional Sessions Judge Devraj Bohare under Section 302 and Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and the Protection of Children against Sexual Offences Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert