Youth given death sentence for raping and killing minor girl
Sagar: A court in Rehli town near here awarded death sentence to a youth here on Monday for allegedly raping and killing a seven-year-old girl and also imposed a fine of Rs 70,000 on him.
Vijay Raikwar, the youth had allegedly raped the minor girl, a friend of his sister, when the victim had reached his (Vijay`s) house for playing with her companion on December 7, 2012, the prosecution said.
Later, he allegedly strangulated her and disposed off her body in a deserted place.
The sentence was pronounced by Additional Sessions Judge Devraj Bohare under Section 302 and Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) and the Protection of Children against Sexual Offences Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees