Youth held for raping minor girl in MP
Jabalpur: A 23-year-old youth was arrested for allegedly raping a teenaged girl on the false promise of marrying her, police said Tuesday.
Accused Mukesh Yadav had allegedly kidnapped the 15-year-old girl, hailing from Ataria in Seoni district, and brought her to Hoshangabad about eleven months back where he raped her while promising to marry her.
When the girl became pregnant, she shifted from Hoshangabad to a village near Ataria where she gave birth to a child about two months back.
When she insisted that Mukesh marry her, he forced her out of his house following which she informed her parents about the whole issue.
The girl`s parents filed an FIR with the police a few days back following which Mukesh was arrested yesterday and booked under relevant sections, and under certain provisions of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- If Bihar marches forward, then nation will also progress: PM Modi
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!