Youth held for raping minor girl in MP
Jabalpur: A 23-year-old youth was arrested for allegedly raping a teenaged girl on the false promise of marrying her, police said Tuesday.
Accused Mukesh Yadav had allegedly kidnapped the 15-year-old girl, hailing from Ataria in Seoni district, and brought her to Hoshangabad about eleven months back where he raped her while promising to marry her.
When the girl became pregnant, she shifted from Hoshangabad to a village near Ataria where she gave birth to a child about two months back.
When she insisted that Mukesh marry her, he forced her out of his house following which she informed her parents about the whole issue.
The girl`s parents filed an FIR with the police a few days back following which Mukesh was arrested yesterday and booked under relevant sections, and under certain provisions of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi