Youth held for raping minor girl in MP
Jabalpur: A 23-year-old youth was arrested for allegedly raping a teenaged girl on the false promise of marrying her, police said Tuesday.
Accused Mukesh Yadav had allegedly kidnapped the 15-year-old girl, hailing from Ataria in Seoni district, and brought her to Hoshangabad about eleven months back where he raped her while promising to marry her.
When the girl became pregnant, she shifted from Hoshangabad to a village near Ataria where she gave birth to a child about two months back.
When she insisted that Mukesh marry her, he forced her out of his house following which she informed her parents about the whole issue.
The girl`s parents filed an FIR with the police a few days back following which Mukesh was arrested yesterday and booked under relevant sections, and under certain provisions of Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state