Zahida says BJP pressurising husband for divorce
Indore: The alleged main conspirator in RTI activist Shehla Masood`s murder case, Zahida Pervez on Tuesday accused the ruling BJP in Madhya Pradesh of putting pressure on her husband to divorce her.
"It was because of BJP`s pressure on my husband," Zahida told reporters while coming out of the court today when asked about the media reports that her husband Asad Pervez was planning to divorce her.
Zahida was produced in the court of Special CBI Magistrate Dr Shubra Singh today. The court extended till May 7 the judicial custody of her and of the other accused.
When asked about her questioning by a senior CBI official on April 20 in jail, she said that it was a "mere formality".
Zahida`s close confidante Saba Farooqui, when asked about the purpose behind Shehla`s murder said, "Dhruv Narayan Singh (BJP MLA from Bhopal Central seat) can only give answer to this question. Since we have not committed this murder, we are not aware of anything in this regard."
Later, Nafisa Khan, the counsel for Zahida and Saba told reporters that the Special Court has extended their judicial remand till May 7.
She said that during the hearing, Zahida had told her that she wanted to share something with her separately.
Khan said that she will soon apply to the jail authorities for a meeting with Zahida in this regard.
The other three accused in the case are Saquib Ali alias `Danger`, Irfan and Tabish Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered