10-year-old helps save newborn from being buried alive
Nashik: A newborn baby girl was saved from being buried alive, thanks to the alertness of a 10-year-old in Yeola tehsil town of the district, police said.
10-year-old Surakshya was playing with her cousin outside their house in Nagarsul village of Yeola town yesterday when they saw two persons burying the baby in a nearby pit and then fleeing the spot in a bike.
Hearing the wails of the infant, Surakshya immediately ran home and informed her father Sainath More, a zila parishad member, about the incident.
More, along with his friend, and police rushed to the spot and pulled out the baby girl from the pit and immediately took her to the Nagarsul primary health centre, police said.
After being cleaned and provided first aid at the health centre, the baby was shifted to Nashik Civil hospital and kept in an incubator, hospital sources said, adding that the baby`s condition was stable and she was doing fine.
Police have registered a case while a search is on for the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note