10-yr-old Mumbai girl raped by 4 minors, dies in hospital
Mumbai: A 10-year-old girl, who was raped by four minors on June 16 in Turbhe, died on Tuesday evening.
The girl, a resident of Hanuman Nagar area in Turbhe, was admitted to Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation Hospital in Vashi last Thursday in a critical condition and was later shifted to DY Patil Hospital in Nerul. She died there around 8.30 pm on Tuesday. The Turbhe MIDC police detained all the four accused after the victim’s parents registered a complaint on Monday evening.
According to the police, the four accused stayed in the same area as the victim.
They took the girl to a nearby hill on June 16 and committed the crime. “The girl was alone at home that day after her parents left for work. The accused lured the girl with a Rs 10 note and took her to the hills. They raped her in a secluded spot. Later, they dropped her at her home," said Kunda Gawade, police sub-inspector of Turbhe MIDC police station.
The girl fell sick after the incident, but she was not admitted to any hospital for the next four days due to the poor economic condition of the family. She was admitted to the civic hospital in Vashi on Thursday.
"The girl did not reveal the incident to her parents as she was scared. One of her classmates came to see her in hospital on Monday and she narrated the episode to her friend," the office said.
Her friend then told her parents about the incident. “We detained all the four, aged between 13 and 6, from their residences," said Suresh Bhosale, of the Turbhe MIDC police station.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Former Australian cricketer Stuart Law is PCB's first choice for chief coach's job
- After Latur, now 'water train' for drought-hit Bundelkhand
- India's services sector growth softens in April
- Azam Khan dares Yogi Adityanath: `Prove your masculinity by getting married`
- Nihal Batla, face of Progeria awareness campaign in India, dies at 15