10-yr-old Mumbai girl raped by 4 minors, dies in hospital
Mumbai: A 10-year-old girl, who was raped by four minors on June 16 in Turbhe, died on Tuesday evening.
The girl, a resident of Hanuman Nagar area in Turbhe, was admitted to Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation Hospital in Vashi last Thursday in a critical condition and was later shifted to DY Patil Hospital in Nerul. She died there around 8.30 pm on Tuesday. The Turbhe MIDC police detained all the four accused after the victim’s parents registered a complaint on Monday evening.
According to the police, the four accused stayed in the same area as the victim.
They took the girl to a nearby hill on June 16 and committed the crime. “The girl was alone at home that day after her parents left for work. The accused lured the girl with a Rs 10 note and took her to the hills. They raped her in a secluded spot. Later, they dropped her at her home," said Kunda Gawade, police sub-inspector of Turbhe MIDC police station.
The girl fell sick after the incident, but she was not admitted to any hospital for the next four days due to the poor economic condition of the family. She was admitted to the civic hospital in Vashi on Thursday.
"The girl did not reveal the incident to her parents as she was scared. One of her classmates came to see her in hospital on Monday and she narrated the episode to her friend," the office said.
Her friend then told her parents about the incident. “We detained all the four, aged between 13 and 6, from their residences," said Suresh Bhosale, of the Turbhe MIDC police station.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed