100,000 people to sing patriotic song in Mumbai
Mumbai: A staggering 100,000 people are expected to sing the patriotic song "Ae Mere Vatan Ke Logon" here to mark the end of its golden jubilee celebrations on January 27, an organiser said on Thursday.
The function, to be held at Mumbai`s Mahalaxmi Race Course, has been organised by Shahid Gaurav Samiti (SGS) in which Bharat Ratna Lata Mangeshkar -- who first rendered it on January 27, 1963 to remember the heroes of the 1962 India-China war -- will be present.
"Over a lakh people will sing the song in presence of Lata Mangeshkar and she may also join them. She will be felicitated by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi along with other war heroes and their families," SGS spokesperson Vaibhav Lodha said here.
He added that over 100 Param Vir Chakra, Mahaveer Chakra and other gallantry awardees, families of martyrs and other dignitaries shall be present and felicitated.
"The golden jubilee of this patriotic song was celebrated (for) the ethos of nationalism and patriotism among Indians and to inspire future generations," said SGS convenor and Bharatiya Janata Party legislator from Mumbai, Mangal Prabhat Lodha.
"Ae Mere Vatan Ke Logon", penned by the late Kavi Pradeep, was first sung by Lata Mangeshkar Jan 27, 1963 after the 1962 war, at a function in Delhi where India`s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru and other dignitaries were present.
SGS also has declared January 27 as `Shreshtha Bharat Divas` in memory of the martyrs who lost their lives defending the country`s borders during various wars, the spokesperson said.
The event will see the presence of soldiers and officers from the Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy besides common citizens.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!