100,000 people to sing patriotic song in Mumbai
Mumbai: A staggering 100,000 people are expected to sing the patriotic song "Ae Mere Vatan Ke Logon" here to mark the end of its golden jubilee celebrations on January 27, an organiser said on Thursday.
The function, to be held at Mumbai`s Mahalaxmi Race Course, has been organised by Shahid Gaurav Samiti (SGS) in which Bharat Ratna Lata Mangeshkar -- who first rendered it on January 27, 1963 to remember the heroes of the 1962 India-China war -- will be present.
"Over a lakh people will sing the song in presence of Lata Mangeshkar and she may also join them. She will be felicitated by Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi along with other war heroes and their families," SGS spokesperson Vaibhav Lodha said here.
He added that over 100 Param Vir Chakra, Mahaveer Chakra and other gallantry awardees, families of martyrs and other dignitaries shall be present and felicitated.
"The golden jubilee of this patriotic song was celebrated (for) the ethos of nationalism and patriotism among Indians and to inspire future generations," said SGS convenor and Bharatiya Janata Party legislator from Mumbai, Mangal Prabhat Lodha.
"Ae Mere Vatan Ke Logon", penned by the late Kavi Pradeep, was first sung by Lata Mangeshkar Jan 27, 1963 after the 1962 war, at a function in Delhi where India`s first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru and other dignitaries were present.
SGS also has declared January 27 as `Shreshtha Bharat Divas` in memory of the martyrs who lost their lives defending the country`s borders during various wars, the spokesperson said.
The event will see the presence of soldiers and officers from the Indian Army, Indian Air Force and Indian Navy besides common citizens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!