11 killed in mishap in Ratnagiri
Ratnagiri: Eleven people, including three children, were killed and two others seriously injured when their car collided with a dumper truck at Dabhil in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district, police said on Monday.
The mishap occurred around midnight last night when their car going towards Mumbai from Sangameshwar, carrying 13 passengers, collided with a sand-laden dumper going from Khed to Chiplun, Khed police station in-charge Mahendra Singh Pardesi said.
The eleven killed included three women and as many children, he said.
The passengers of the car, yet to be identified, were going to Kandivili suburb in Mumbai when they met with the accident.
The driver of the dumper has been held and his interrogation is going on, police said.
The car was completely damaged in the mishap and the police managed to extricate the injured persons and the bodies from the mangled vehicle after hectic efforts for about two hours.
After primary treatment at Khed, the injured persons have been shifted to a hospital in Mumbai.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem by Khed Police.
A case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi