11 killed in mishap in Ratnagiri
Ratnagiri: Eleven people, including three children, were killed and two others seriously injured when their car collided with a dumper truck at Dabhil in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district, police said on Monday.
The mishap occurred around midnight last night when their car going towards Mumbai from Sangameshwar, carrying 13 passengers, collided with a sand-laden dumper going from Khed to Chiplun, Khed police station in-charge Mahendra Singh Pardesi said.
The eleven killed included three women and as many children, he said.
The passengers of the car, yet to be identified, were going to Kandivili suburb in Mumbai when they met with the accident.
The driver of the dumper has been held and his interrogation is going on, police said.
The car was completely damaged in the mishap and the police managed to extricate the injured persons and the bodies from the mangled vehicle after hectic efforts for about two hours.
After primary treatment at Khed, the injured persons have been shifted to a hospital in Mumbai.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem by Khed Police.
A case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured