11 killed in mishap in Ratnagiri
Ratnagiri: Eleven people, including three children, were killed and two others seriously injured when their car collided with a dumper truck at Dabhil in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district, police said on Monday.
The mishap occurred around midnight last night when their car going towards Mumbai from Sangameshwar, carrying 13 passengers, collided with a sand-laden dumper going from Khed to Chiplun, Khed police station in-charge Mahendra Singh Pardesi said.
The eleven killed included three women and as many children, he said.
The passengers of the car, yet to be identified, were going to Kandivili suburb in Mumbai when they met with the accident.
The driver of the dumper has been held and his interrogation is going on, police said.
The car was completely damaged in the mishap and the police managed to extricate the injured persons and the bodies from the mangled vehicle after hectic efforts for about two hours.
After primary treatment at Khed, the injured persons have been shifted to a hospital in Mumbai.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem by Khed Police.
A case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman