11 killed in mishap in Ratnagiri
Ratnagiri: Eleven people, including three children, were killed and two others seriously injured when their car collided with a dumper truck at Dabhil in Maharashtra`s Ratnagiri district, police said on Monday.
The mishap occurred around midnight last night when their car going towards Mumbai from Sangameshwar, carrying 13 passengers, collided with a sand-laden dumper going from Khed to Chiplun, Khed police station in-charge Mahendra Singh Pardesi said.
The eleven killed included three women and as many children, he said.
The passengers of the car, yet to be identified, were going to Kandivili suburb in Mumbai when they met with the accident.
The driver of the dumper has been held and his interrogation is going on, police said.
The car was completely damaged in the mishap and the police managed to extricate the injured persons and the bodies from the mangled vehicle after hectic efforts for about two hours.
After primary treatment at Khed, the injured persons have been shifted to a hospital in Mumbai.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem by Khed Police.
A case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital