11 religious places in Maharashtra on terror radar
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government told the state assembly on Monday that several places of religious importance in the state are on the terror hit-list.
Replying to a question in the Assembly, the state government said that banned terror outfit Indian Mujahideen is believed to be behind the terror plan.
Following the input from the central intelligence agencies, the Maharashtra Police has formulated a special operation procedure to take on the threat. A strict vigil is also been maintained.
Beed district in Maharashtra has emerged as a terror hot spot following the explosive revelations by alleged 26/11 handler Abu Jundal.
Jundal was deported from Saudi Arabia and is currently in the custody of Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown