11 religious places in Maharashtra on terror radar
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government told the state assembly on Monday that several places of religious importance in the state are on the terror hit-list.
Replying to a question in the Assembly, the state government said that banned terror outfit Indian Mujahideen is believed to be behind the terror plan.
Following the input from the central intelligence agencies, the Maharashtra Police has formulated a special operation procedure to take on the threat. A strict vigil is also been maintained.
Beed district in Maharashtra has emerged as a terror hot spot following the explosive revelations by alleged 26/11 handler Abu Jundal.
Jundal was deported from Saudi Arabia and is currently in the custody of Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown