11 religious places in Maharashtra on terror radar
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government told the state assembly on Monday that several places of religious importance in the state are on the terror hit-list.
Replying to a question in the Assembly, the state government said that banned terror outfit Indian Mujahideen is believed to be behind the terror plan.
Following the input from the central intelligence agencies, the Maharashtra Police has formulated a special operation procedure to take on the threat. A strict vigil is also been maintained.
Beed district in Maharashtra has emerged as a terror hot spot following the explosive revelations by alleged 26/11 handler Abu Jundal.
Jundal was deported from Saudi Arabia and is currently in the custody of Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal