11 religious places in Maharashtra on terror radar
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government told the state assembly on Monday that several places of religious importance in the state are on the terror hit-list.
Replying to a question in the Assembly, the state government said that banned terror outfit Indian Mujahideen is believed to be behind the terror plan.
Following the input from the central intelligence agencies, the Maharashtra Police has formulated a special operation procedure to take on the threat. A strict vigil is also been maintained.
Beed district in Maharashtra has emerged as a terror hot spot following the explosive revelations by alleged 26/11 handler Abu Jundal.
Jundal was deported from Saudi Arabia and is currently in the custody of Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday