11 religious places in Maharashtra on terror radar
Mumbai: The Maharashtra government told the state assembly on Monday that several places of religious importance in the state are on the terror hit-list.
Replying to a question in the Assembly, the state government said that banned terror outfit Indian Mujahideen is believed to be behind the terror plan.
Following the input from the central intelligence agencies, the Maharashtra Police has formulated a special operation procedure to take on the threat. A strict vigil is also been maintained.
Beed district in Maharashtra has emerged as a terror hot spot following the explosive revelations by alleged 26/11 handler Abu Jundal.
Jundal was deported from Saudi Arabia and is currently in the custody of Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued