11-year-old domestic help brutalised with chillies; trader held
Thane: In a shocking case of brutality, a 11-year-old domestic help was allegedly starved for days and tortured by her employers, who inserted green chillies into her genitals to make her obey their orders.
The victim, who was brought from Uttar Pradesh for household work, approached the police on Saturday with the help of her neighbours in the housing complex at Ghodbunder Road, where she worked for accused Sarjil Ansari (36) and Farhat Ansari (32), PI Dhanaji Kshirsagar of Mira Road Police Station said.
The maid servant, whose body bore several old and fresh injury marks, was allegedly beaten up frequently over petty issues and was made to starve for days together.
The Ansaris even force fed her chillies and inserted it into her private parts, if she disobeyed them, the girl alleged in the complaint.
The allegations are being verified, the official said.
After the girl managed to reach the cops, Sarjil, a local trader, was arrested on Sunday and produced in a local court, which remanded him in police custody till January 21.
However, his wife Farhat is still at large and searches have been intensified to nab her, Kshirsagar said.
The accused duo have been charged under sections 323, 324, 374 of the IPC.
The girl is presently in the custody of a NGO, which rescued her.
According to police sources, the minor, who was promised a job in a Mumbai household was "sold" to the Thane couple by her parents for Rs 15,000, a fact which is still being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what