118 TA Nagpur Terrier Havaldar adjudged best in country
Nagpur: Havaldar Mal Singh Shekhawat of city-based 118 Infantry Battalion (Territorial Army) Grenadiers, was adjudged the best Non Commissioned Officer (NCO) in the entire territorial in the country.
The competition was held for the title of the best NCO on the occasion of recently concluded Territorial Army Day.
The selection was through a stiff competition amongst 66 Battalions of TA comprising physical fitness, firing, tactics and computer application etc.
The participants took part in the tough battle proficiency test which included five -kilometere run with entire battle kit and rifle, completing the assault obstacle course and then taking part in the firing tests.
Computer applications has been recently included as the modern day soldier needs to be proficient in information technology also, according to a release from Defence PRO, here today.
The best NCO was awarded the trophy at hands of Major General AK Siwach, Additional Director General, Territorial Army.
The Commanding Officer of Nagpur Terriers, Col Vineet Mittal awarded Havaldar Shekhawat a cheque of Rs 25000 on his arrival at his battalion for making them proud.
Shekhawat hails from Bikaner, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried