118 TA Nagpur Terrier Havaldar adjudged best in country
Nagpur: Havaldar Mal Singh Shekhawat of city-based 118 Infantry Battalion (Territorial Army) Grenadiers, was adjudged the best Non Commissioned Officer (NCO) in the entire territorial in the country.
The competition was held for the title of the best NCO on the occasion of recently concluded Territorial Army Day.
The selection was through a stiff competition amongst 66 Battalions of TA comprising physical fitness, firing, tactics and computer application etc.
The participants took part in the tough battle proficiency test which included five -kilometere run with entire battle kit and rifle, completing the assault obstacle course and then taking part in the firing tests.
Computer applications has been recently included as the modern day soldier needs to be proficient in information technology also, according to a release from Defence PRO, here today.
The best NCO was awarded the trophy at hands of Major General AK Siwach, Additional Director General, Territorial Army.
The Commanding Officer of Nagpur Terriers, Col Vineet Mittal awarded Havaldar Shekhawat a cheque of Rs 25000 on his arrival at his battalion for making them proud.
Shekhawat hails from Bikaner, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- 3 militants killed in Pakistan
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan