12-yr-old raped, murdered in Thane
Thane: The body of a 12-year-old girl, allegedly raped and then killed, was found at a village farm here, police said on Sunday.
The girl, from Kaman village in Vasai area of Thane district, had left for her school on January 16, but did not return home.
Later, her family members, after carrying out a search in vain, lodged a missing complaint with the local police, Waliv police station inspector Rajendra Mohite said.
Yesterday afternoon, police received information about a body lying at a farm in the village. The police rushed to the site and later the decomposed body was identified as that of the missing girl.
Police said the body was sent for postmortem which revealed that the girl had been raped before being killed.
Offences have been registered against unidentified persons under sections 302 (murder) and 376 (rape) of the IPC along with relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, police said, adding that search for the culprits was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'