12-yr-old raped, murdered in Thane
Thane: The body of a 12-year-old girl, allegedly raped and then killed, was found at a village farm here, police said on Sunday.
The girl, from Kaman village in Vasai area of Thane district, had left for her school on January 16, but did not return home.
Later, her family members, after carrying out a search in vain, lodged a missing complaint with the local police, Waliv police station inspector Rajendra Mohite said.
Yesterday afternoon, police received information about a body lying at a farm in the village. The police rushed to the site and later the decomposed body was identified as that of the missing girl.
Police said the body was sent for postmortem which revealed that the girl had been raped before being killed.
Offences have been registered against unidentified persons under sections 302 (murder) and 376 (rape) of the IPC along with relevant sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012, police said, adding that search for the culprits was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?