120 recruits attain status of `combat soldier`
Nagpur: About 120 recruits of the 85th Course of The Brigade of The Guards, at Kamptee near here attained status of `combat soldier` at an impressive passing
out parade on Saturday.
The young soldiers, who are the newest additions to the Armed Forces fraternity, earned their status after going through strenuous training of 34 weeks, a release from Defence PRO said.
The status of `combat soldier` attained by the recruits means that they are now ready for frontline duties.
Keeping with the tradition, they were administered the oath of allegiance and devotion to duty by the Adjutant.
Brigadier J S Menon, Commandant Guards Regimental Centre, reviewed the parade.
Medals were presented to outstanding Guardsmen in various disciplines. The coveted Overall Best Recruit Trophy was awarded to Guardsman Surjit Singh of Chandragupt Training Company, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister