120 recruits attain status of `combat soldier`
Nagpur: About 120 recruits of the 85th Course of The Brigade of The Guards, at Kamptee near here attained status of `combat soldier` at an impressive passing
out parade on Saturday.
The young soldiers, who are the newest additions to the Armed Forces fraternity, earned their status after going through strenuous training of 34 weeks, a release from Defence PRO said.
The status of `combat soldier` attained by the recruits means that they are now ready for frontline duties.
Keeping with the tradition, they were administered the oath of allegiance and devotion to duty by the Adjutant.
Brigadier J S Menon, Commandant Guards Regimental Centre, reviewed the parade.
Medals were presented to outstanding Guardsmen in various disciplines. The coveted Overall Best Recruit Trophy was awarded to Guardsman Surjit Singh of Chandragupt Training Company, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'