120 recruits attain status of `combat soldier`
Nagpur: About 120 recruits of the 85th Course of The Brigade of The Guards, at Kamptee near here attained status of `combat soldier` at an impressive passing
out parade on Saturday.
The young soldiers, who are the newest additions to the Armed Forces fraternity, earned their status after going through strenuous training of 34 weeks, a release from Defence PRO said.
The status of `combat soldier` attained by the recruits means that they are now ready for frontline duties.
Keeping with the tradition, they were administered the oath of allegiance and devotion to duty by the Adjutant.
Brigadier J S Menon, Commandant Guards Regimental Centre, reviewed the parade.
Medals were presented to outstanding Guardsmen in various disciplines. The coveted Overall Best Recruit Trophy was awarded to Guardsman Surjit Singh of Chandragupt Training Company, the release said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump