120 recruits attain status of `combat soldier`
Nagpur: About 120 recruits of the 85th Course of The Brigade of The Guards, at Kamptee near here attained status of `combat soldier` at an impressive passing
out parade on Saturday.
The young soldiers, who are the newest additions to the Armed Forces fraternity, earned their status after going through strenuous training of 34 weeks, a release from Defence PRO said.
The status of `combat soldier` attained by the recruits means that they are now ready for frontline duties.
Keeping with the tradition, they were administered the oath of allegiance and devotion to duty by the Adjutant.
Brigadier J S Menon, Commandant Guards Regimental Centre, reviewed the parade.
Medals were presented to outstanding Guardsmen in various disciplines. The coveted Overall Best Recruit Trophy was awarded to Guardsman Surjit Singh of Chandragupt Training Company, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 9 Video: This is how Kolkata Knight Riders thank supportive fans!
- Delhi-NCR emerges leader in job creation among 8 cities
- Rahul Gandhi holds 'Mashal Juloos' protest against AAP govt; attempts to corner PM Modi
- We have alternative for Finmeccanica's torpedos: Manohar Parrikar
- IPL 9: This Video reveals how well does Mumbai Indians skipper Rohit Sharma know his team-mates!