13-month-old girl raped, toddler molested in Solapur
Solapur: In two separate incidents, a local youth has been arrested for allegedly raping a 13-month-old girl, while a senior citizen was held for molesting a minor girl, police said on Monday.
One Vishal Shivaji Kamble has been arrested for raping the 13-month-old girl in Fakhroddin slum here three days ago, police said.
In the second incident, 61-year-old Radheshyam Kisan Yemul, a resident of Bidi Gharkul locality here, was arrested after he allegedly molested a two-year-old girl here last night.
According to the MIDC police, Yemul lured the child with biscuits, took her to his room and allegedly sexually abused her. However, the child was rescued when neighbours came to the spot after she started screaming. Yemul was roughed up by the mob and was later handed over to the police.
Protesting against these two incidents, local people pelted stones at the police stations in various parts of the city.
Meanwhile, talking to reporters here today, former CPM MLA Narsayya Adam expressed his displeasure over the "deteriorating" law and order situation in the city.
"If two toddlers can be sexually abused in three days in the hometown of the Union Home Minister (Sushilkumar Shinde), imagine what could happen elsewhere in the country?" he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read