13/7 blasts: Maha ATS arrests fourth accused
Mumbai: Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has arrested yet another accused in connection with the 13/7 Mumbai blasts case.
The accused, identified as Kanwal Wazirchand Pathrija is the fourth arrest in the case.
Pathreja, 42, was arrested on Monday night from Delhi.
ATS sources informed that he supplied Rs 10 Lakh to Yasin Bhattkal, the main accused of 13/7 blasts.
Pathrija, who was running a jewelley shop in Chandni Chowk, had reportedly worked with the Hawala racket as well.
The arrest came close on the heels of ATS arresting three accused -- Naqi Ahmed, Nadeem Akhtar and Haroon Rashid – in connection the case.
Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative and mastermind of the 13/7 blasts Yasin Bhatkal fled Mumbai in a passenger train prior to the serial blasts.
Bhatkal is currently believed to be somewhere in North India, reports said.
Three bombs went off on July 13 last year at Opera House, Zaveri Bazar and Kabootar Khana in Dadar killing 26 people and injuring over 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’