13/7 blasts: Maha ATS arrests fourth accused
Mumbai: Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) has arrested yet another accused in connection with the 13/7 Mumbai blasts case.
The accused, identified as Kanwal Wazirchand Pathrija is the fourth arrest in the case.
Pathreja, 42, was arrested on Monday night from Delhi.
ATS sources informed that he supplied Rs 10 Lakh to Yasin Bhattkal, the main accused of 13/7 blasts.
Pathrija, who was running a jewelley shop in Chandni Chowk, had reportedly worked with the Hawala racket as well.
The arrest came close on the heels of ATS arresting three accused -- Naqi Ahmed, Nadeem Akhtar and Haroon Rashid – in connection the case.
Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative and mastermind of the 13/7 blasts Yasin Bhatkal fled Mumbai in a passenger train prior to the serial blasts.
Bhatkal is currently believed to be somewhere in North India, reports said.
Three bombs went off on July 13 last year at Opera House, Zaveri Bazar and Kabootar Khana in Dadar killing 26 people and injuring over 100.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections