Mumbai: A local court on Friday extended till March 9 the police custody of two alleged Indian Mujahideen operatives arrested in connection with one of the three bomb blasts that rocked the metropolis on July 13 last year.
A metropolitan court extended the custody of Haroon Naik and alleged hawala operator Kanwar Nain Wazeer Chand Partija as the ATS told the court that it has got some leads from Delhi and wanted to interrogate them.
According to police, Haroon Naik is suspected to have used hawala channels to fund the blasts with the help of another arrested accused and hawala operator Kanwar Nain Wazeer Chand Patrija.
Patrija had allegedly handed over Rs 10 lakh to fugitive top IM operative Yasin Bhatkal to execute the terror attack, police had said.
The ATS told the court that it wanted to verify some phone numbers spilled by the accused during the investigation.
"They (ATS) said that they wanted to trace some numbers," defence lawyer Khalid Azmi said arguing that the custody of the accused is not required for tracing the numbers.
Three near-simultaneous explosions at Zaveri Bazaar, Opera House and Dadar localities on July 13 last had killed 27 persons.