13/7 bomb planter identified as Waqas: Maha ATS
Mumbai: Investigations by the Anti-Terrorism Squad in the 13/7 blasts case have revealed that one of the
suspected bomb planters had enrolled himself as `Waqas` in two
gymnasiums, including one owned by the family of underworld
don-turned-politician Arun Gawli.
"It was Waqas who got admission in both Kumbharwada gym
and Byculla gym, which is owned by the Gawli family.
joining Byculla gym, he did not produce his photo but
mentioned his name as Waqas in the register and gave the
address of Habib building at Byculla, where he was staying on
rent," an ATS official said.
While announcing a breakthrough in the blast probe on
Monday after arresting Naqi Ahmed and Nadeem Akhtar from the
city, the ATS had withheld names of the two planters whom its
chief Rakesh Maria referred to as wanted accused `A` and `B`.
However, the two planters have been identified as Waqas
and Tabrez, sources said.
The statements of Gawli gym instructors, manager and
others have given them a fair idea about Waqas, sources said,
adding they have seized the gym register.
On Friday, Maria had said that one of the bomb planters
had enrolled on August 10 last year for three months in
Gulabpuran Gawli Medical and Fitness Centre, belonging to
Gawli family at Byculla.
"The bomb planter is the same person who had joined a
gym at Kumbharwada of south Mumbai as well," he had said.
Waqas, a fitness freak, used to visit Gawli`s gym
regularly, sources said.
A top operative of home-grown terror outfit Indian
Mujahideen, Yasin Bhatkal, and the two planters had rented a
third floor flat in Byculla`s Habib building where they
assembled explosives before triggering blasts at Dadar, Zaveri
Bazaar and Opera House on July 13 last year, which claimed 27
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm