13/7: Medical reports delaying Usmani death probe
Mumbai: A CID probe into the death of Faiz
Usmani, who died at a city hospital following questioning by
the Crime Branch in connection with July 13 Mumbai serial bomb
blasts, is getting delayed as the department is yet to receive
important medical reports related to his death.
Usmani, brother of an alleged Indian Mujahideen member,
died on July 17, while undergoing treatment for hemiparesis
and hypertension in the Lokmanya Tilak Hospital in Sion,
A resident of suburban Govandi, Usmani was picked up for
questioning a day before his death by Chembur Crime Branch
unit. However, he was admitted in the hospital after he
complained about health problems, police said.
After his death in police custody, a CID inquiry was
ordered, they added.
"The inquiry is on. We are still awaiting some reports
related to his death from the departments concerned," said
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Panjabrao Ugale, who is
inquiring into the matter.
Police sources said the CID was yet to receive a chemical
analysis report from forensic laboratory in the city. The
viscera and other organs of Faiz had already been sent to the
lab. Besides, the state-run J J hospital is yet to prepare
final report into the death as it waiting for a chemical
"We are awaiting chemical analysis report and J J
hospital post-mortem report. Without these reports, the
inquiry is incomplete," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad