13/7: Medical reports delaying Usmani death probe
Mumbai: A CID probe into the death of Faiz
Usmani, who died at a city hospital following questioning by
the Crime Branch in connection with July 13 Mumbai serial bomb
blasts, is getting delayed as the department is yet to receive
important medical reports related to his death.
Usmani, brother of an alleged Indian Mujahideen member,
died on July 17, while undergoing treatment for hemiparesis
and hypertension in the Lokmanya Tilak Hospital in Sion,
A resident of suburban Govandi, Usmani was picked up for
questioning a day before his death by Chembur Crime Branch
unit. However, he was admitted in the hospital after he
complained about health problems, police said.
After his death in police custody, a CID inquiry was
ordered, they added.
"The inquiry is on. We are still awaiting some reports
related to his death from the departments concerned," said
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Panjabrao Ugale, who is
inquiring into the matter.
Police sources said the CID was yet to receive a chemical
analysis report from forensic laboratory in the city. The
viscera and other organs of Faiz had already been sent to the
lab. Besides, the state-run J J hospital is yet to prepare
final report into the death as it waiting for a chemical
"We are awaiting chemical analysis report and J J
hospital post-mortem report. Without these reports, the
inquiry is incomplete," the source added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley