14 Maoists surrender before Maharashtra state home minister
Gadchiroli: 14 Maoists surrendered before Maharashtra Home Minister R R Patil on Thursday.
The surrendered Maoists belong to remote and tribal villages in Gadchiroli district and adjoining Chhattisgarh.
Of the 14 surrendered Maoists, eight are men and six are women in aged between 16 years to 40 years. They include two Maoist couples who had worked in different platoons.
The surrendered Maoists will be be given financial assistance by the government under its surrender policy, the police said.
The surrender ceremony took place immediately after the flag-hoisting programme in front of the collectorate.
The Maoists worked with platoons like Tippagad dalam, Bhamragad platoon, Gatta platoon, Aheri platoon, militia platoon, company number four and company number 10 of the Gadchiroli district.
Some of the Maoists had worked in Chhattisgarh-based platoons like Kottur platoon, South Bastar Regional Company Number 2, Bijapur Company number 2 and Bastar Manpur Division Platoon number 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Attacks on African nationals: MOS VK Singh calls them 'minor scuffle', stokes controversy
- Fact alert! Anushka Sharma performed her own stunts in Salman Khan's 'Sultan'
- LinkedIn notifies massive data breach, millions of passwords may have been leaked
- Karan Johar is keen to watch THIS Bollywood release! Any guesses?
- 12 killed as violence mars Bangladesh local body polls