14 Shiv Sainiks arrested for disrupting screening of MNIK
Mumbai: At least 14 Shiv Sainiks including a
corporator were on Friday arrested from outside cinemas screening
Shah Rukh starrer `My Name is Khan` after the activists
indulged in stone pelting.
Eight Shiv Sainiks were arrested from outside Fun
Republic cinema in suburban Andheri while six others were
arrested from K-Star Mall.
"We have arrested Shiv Sainiks who tried to disrupt
the screening of the movie at the Fun Republic by resorting to
violence," Deputy Police Commissioner, K Prasanna said.
A group of Sena activists including corporator Rajul
Patel gathered outside the theatre in Andheri protesting
against the release of the movie following which police
swiftly acted and took some of them into custody, police said.
As some of the protestors started pelting stones, police
resorted to canecharge to bring the situation under control,
At K-star mall the activists were moving about
suspiciously gathering people, Additional Police Commissioner
Ritesh Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details
- Samsung's 1st Tizen powered 4G smartphone Z2 launched at Rs 4,590; comes with free Jio SIM