14 Shiv Sainiks arrested for disrupting screening of MNIK
Mumbai: At least 14 Shiv Sainiks including a
corporator were on Friday arrested from outside cinemas screening
Shah Rukh starrer `My Name is Khan` after the activists
indulged in stone pelting.
Eight Shiv Sainiks were arrested from outside Fun
Republic cinema in suburban Andheri while six others were
arrested from K-Star Mall.
"We have arrested Shiv Sainiks who tried to disrupt
the screening of the movie at the Fun Republic by resorting to
violence," Deputy Police Commissioner, K Prasanna said.
A group of Sena activists including corporator Rajul
Patel gathered outside the theatre in Andheri protesting
against the release of the movie following which police
swiftly acted and took some of them into custody, police said.
As some of the protestors started pelting stones, police
resorted to canecharge to bring the situation under control,
At K-star mall the activists were moving about
suspiciously gathering people, Additional Police Commissioner
Ritesh Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead