14 Shiv Sainiks arrested for disrupting screening of MNIK
Mumbai: At least 14 Shiv Sainiks including a
corporator were on Friday arrested from outside cinemas screening
Shah Rukh starrer `My Name is Khan` after the activists
indulged in stone pelting.
Eight Shiv Sainiks were arrested from outside Fun
Republic cinema in suburban Andheri while six others were
arrested from K-Star Mall.
"We have arrested Shiv Sainiks who tried to disrupt
the screening of the movie at the Fun Republic by resorting to
violence," Deputy Police Commissioner, K Prasanna said.
A group of Sena activists including corporator Rajul
Patel gathered outside the theatre in Andheri protesting
against the release of the movie following which police
swiftly acted and took some of them into custody, police said.
As some of the protestors started pelting stones, police
resorted to canecharge to bring the situation under control,
At K-star mall the activists were moving about
suspiciously gathering people, Additional Police Commissioner
Ritesh Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'