14 Shiv Sainiks arrested for disrupting screening of MNIK
Mumbai: At least 14 Shiv Sainiks including a
corporator were on Friday arrested from outside cinemas screening
Shah Rukh starrer `My Name is Khan` after the activists
indulged in stone pelting.
Eight Shiv Sainiks were arrested from outside Fun
Republic cinema in suburban Andheri while six others were
arrested from K-Star Mall.
"We have arrested Shiv Sainiks who tried to disrupt
the screening of the movie at the Fun Republic by resorting to
violence," Deputy Police Commissioner, K Prasanna said.
A group of Sena activists including corporator Rajul
Patel gathered outside the theatre in Andheri protesting
against the release of the movie following which police
swiftly acted and took some of them into custody, police said.
As some of the protestors started pelting stones, police
resorted to canecharge to bring the situation under control,
At K-star mall the activists were moving about
suspiciously gathering people, Additional Police Commissioner
Ritesh Kumar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch