15-car Mumbai local trains of CR to have 5 ladies coaches
Mumbai: There would soon be five ladies coaches attached together in the 15-car local trains of the Central Railway on Mumbai suburban network.
The announcement came on the International Women`s Day.
"In view of the increasing number of the women commuters, Central Railway has decided to increase ladies accommodation in its 15-car rakes to five coaches," Central Railway General Manager Subodh Jain said in a statement.
The decision will be implemented once the second 15-car rake is pressed into service. Both rakes would then have five ladies coaches each.
All the five ladies coaches will be in a group at `Kalyan end` (northward end) of the rake.
Besides, the Central Railway also plans to add more ladies coaches in the 12-car trains in future, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport