15-car Mumbai local trains of CR to have 5 ladies coaches
Mumbai: There would soon be five ladies coaches attached together in the 15-car local trains of the Central Railway on Mumbai suburban network.
The announcement came on the International Women`s Day.
"In view of the increasing number of the women commuters, Central Railway has decided to increase ladies accommodation in its 15-car rakes to five coaches," Central Railway General Manager Subodh Jain said in a statement.
The decision will be implemented once the second 15-car rake is pressed into service. Both rakes would then have five ladies coaches each.
All the five ladies coaches will be in a group at `Kalyan end` (northward end) of the rake.
Besides, the Central Railway also plans to add more ladies coaches in the 12-car trains in future, the statement said.
- Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover set floor ablaze with killer moves at wedding reception – Watch here
- Petrol, diesel-run cabs banned from Delhi-NCR roads from today
- Wealth from waste: A novel Indian biotech solution
- IAF chopper sprinkles water to douse Uttarakhand forest fires; Rajnath Singh reviews situation
- China may reconsider stand on Pakistani terrorists Hafiz Saeed, Masood Azhar?