15-car Mumbai local trains of CR to have 5 ladies coaches
Mumbai: There would soon be five ladies coaches attached together in the 15-car local trains of the Central Railway on Mumbai suburban network.
The announcement came on the International Women`s Day.
"In view of the increasing number of the women commuters, Central Railway has decided to increase ladies accommodation in its 15-car rakes to five coaches," Central Railway General Manager Subodh Jain said in a statement.
The decision will be implemented once the second 15-car rake is pressed into service. Both rakes would then have five ladies coaches each.
All the five ladies coaches will be in a group at `Kalyan end` (northward end) of the rake.
Besides, the Central Railway also plans to add more ladies coaches in the 12-car trains in future, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das