15-car Mumbai local trains to have 5 ladies coaches
Mumbai: There would soon be five ladies coaches attached together in the 15-car local trains of the Central Railway on Mumbai suburban network.
The announcement came on the International Women`s Day.
"In view of the increasing number of the women commuters, Central Railway has decided to increase ladies accommodation in its 15-car rakes to five coaches," Central Railway General Manager Subodh Jain said in a statement.
The decision will be implemented once the second 15-car rake is pressed into service. Both rakes would then have five ladies coaches each.
All the five ladies coaches will be in a group at ‘Kalyan end` (northward end) of the rake.
Besides, the Central Railway also plans to add more ladies coaches in the 12-car trains in future, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brave jawans gun down six militants in encounters in Kashmir's Kupwara - Know gunbattle details
- Brexit poll results: Britain, EU relation on knife-edge as historic referendum closes
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus