15-car Mumbai local trains to have 5 ladies coaches
Mumbai: There would soon be five ladies coaches attached together in the 15-car local trains of the Central Railway on Mumbai suburban network.
The announcement came on the International Women`s Day.
"In view of the increasing number of the women commuters, Central Railway has decided to increase ladies accommodation in its 15-car rakes to five coaches," Central Railway General Manager Subodh Jain said in a statement.
The decision will be implemented once the second 15-car rake is pressed into service. Both rakes would then have five ladies coaches each.
All the five ladies coaches will be in a group at ‘Kalyan end` (northward end) of the rake.
Besides, the Central Railway also plans to add more ladies coaches in the 12-car trains in future, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview