15 injured in cylinder explosion in Thane
Thane: Fifteen people were injured, some of them seriously, in a gas cylinder explosion in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi here, police said on Wednesday.
The explosion took place late last evening in a godown at Rajnoli Naka on the Bhiwandi-Nashik Highway where waste plastic was stored for re-cycling, they said.
Of the injured, 12 are said to be critical and are being treated at the Sion Hospital in Mumbai.
Fire tenders around Bhiwandi were rushed to the spot to douse the flames, which engulfed other nearby godowns too.
The cause of the fire is still not known, fire brigade sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?