15 injured in cylinder explosion in Thane
Thane: Fifteen people were injured, some of them seriously, in a gas cylinder explosion in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi here, police said on Wednesday.
The explosion took place late last evening in a godown at Rajnoli Naka on the Bhiwandi-Nashik Highway where waste plastic was stored for re-cycling, they said.
Of the injured, 12 are said to be critical and are being treated at the Sion Hospital in Mumbai.
Fire tenders around Bhiwandi were rushed to the spot to douse the flames, which engulfed other nearby godowns too.
The cause of the fire is still not known, fire brigade sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video