15 injured in cylinder explosion in Thane
Thane: Fifteen people were injured, some of them seriously, in a gas cylinder explosion in the powerloom town of Bhiwandi here, police said on Wednesday.
The explosion took place late last evening in a godown at Rajnoli Naka on the Bhiwandi-Nashik Highway where waste plastic was stored for re-cycling, they said.
Of the injured, 12 are said to be critical and are being treated at the Sion Hospital in Mumbai.
Fire tenders around Bhiwandi were rushed to the spot to douse the flames, which engulfed other nearby godowns too.
The cause of the fire is still not known, fire brigade sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress