16-year-old domestic help rapes employer`s baby
Mumbai: The Dharavi police on Saturday detained a 16-year-old boy who had been working as a domestic help, for allegedly raping and having unnatural sex with his employers’ one-and-a-half-year-old daughter.
The incident took place at 7.30pm when, asking the teenager to take care of the toddler, the mother went to the market to fetch vegetables.
On returning 30 minutes later, the mother found the baby crying, and observed injuries on the baby’s private parts. She immediately called her husband, who runs a leather manufacturing unit in Dharavi, and told him what had happened. The baby’s father rushed home with the police.
Dhananjay Kulkarni, deputy commissioner of police (Zone-V) said, “Preliminary inquiry revealed that the domestic help had unnatural sex with the victim. The victim was immediately rushed to Sion Hospital for treatment.”
The toddler is presently under observation. “She is stable and doesn’t require surgery. When she was brought in, she was suffering from anal bleeding,” said a doctor treating her.
Kulkarni added that the boy had been working with the family for a year and six months. He has been booked under sections 376 (rape) and 377 (unnatural sex) of the IPC and sections of the Protection of Children for Sexual Offences Act, 2012. He has been sent to the Dongri Observation Home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren